Friday 14 March 2014

Eureka Skydeck


Last Christmas my sister got me some vouchers for things to do in Melbourne and one of these vouchers was for the Eureka Skydeck.

The Skydeck is basically a very tall building with the highest public vantage point in the Southern Hemisphere. There's also a feature in it called the 'Edge Experience'. This is where you are put into a glass cube and ejected 3 metres out from the building. This cube is 300 metres up and you can only imagine the views that we got (annoyingly we weren't allowed cameras so couldn't even take photos of these views!)

Although I am scared of heights (managed to only have a sly cry once though-win!) the views took our breaths away and we spent a good while just looking out across the whole of Melbourne and taking it all in. 

The whole experience is one I've never come close to having before (maybe going up the Eiffel Tower but I was too young to remember) and would recommend everyone to do it! Even if you are scared of heights- I managed! If you do have a bad fear of heights though I'd maybe not do the Edge experience as it did freak me out a bit and you still get amazing views from just the Skydeck viewing platform. There's even a cafe up there to help you relax and enjoy the views. 

Iona x






Stood eye level with a flying helicopter!

No comments:

Post a Comment